Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I really need to keep backups

So something goes screwy on my laptop's hard drive and it went from my not being able to boot completely to having some pretty severe hard drive errors to having to reinstall kubuntu.

Not happy about that.

Really not happy.

I lost a lot of stuff that I was working on. I think I need to listen to advice I normally give and get some sort of an external back up. I'm thinking like an external hard drive. I'm also considering upgrading the hard drive I have. Part because 80GB isn't much these days, I can get a 500GB for $100, possibly less. Part because if this is a precursor to this drive totally dying on my, I want to take care of it soon.

I'm a little on the fence about what to get for an external backup. Part of me wants to go with a simple USB portable drive. Part of me wants to go with a networked drive that both of us here can easily access and we can store things like music and movies on it as well. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated.

No comments: