Thursday, March 18, 2010

He's in a rehab centre now

Nursing home, rehab centre, he will tell you it's a jail.

It's his fault he's there. He should have taken better care of himself. He should have listened to me. He should have listened to my mom.

The doctor was at least able to figure out what is going on with his arm. It's just severe arthritis. There is a surgery they can do, but they are giving him steroids and physical therapy in an effort to avoid surgery.

If he can be up and mobile, he can come home. He's way too much for my mom to take care of if he is not mobile. He's not seeing it that way yet. Hopefully he will. Hopefully he will get good care while he is there. It looks like nice place.

We have bigger concerns now. When my mom and I went back to her place to pick up some of his things to bring back to him, there was a card on the door from a Department of children and Families Adult Protection investigator. I'm worried for my mom. Since he has been in the hospital, we have been working to get the smell out of the house. In case I never made it clear, he has had a bladder control problem for years and lives in an easy chair. He refuses to wear Depends or anything of that nature. The chair is saturated with urine, the house reeks. He also goes for months with out bathing. Making him and the house reek more. He's got what appears to be bedsores on his butt and the backs of his legs. He looks like a serious case of neglect.

My mother cleaned up after him a on regular basis. She begged, pleaded, and argued with him to wear the Depends. Same goes for getting him to bathe or even to get up and walk around or just do something other than sit in his chair and rot. She's talked to his doctor about the sores and about his bladder problem. They tried to do something about the bladder control and did nothing about the sores.

I'm going to be pissed if DCF does anything to my mom. She's done nothing wrong. She's done everything she could short of getting him hauled out of there. I don't blame her for any of this, I blame him. She tried to help him, he did nothing but fight her.

I'm going to be continuing to help her with the house so when they do come to inspect, it doesn't look so bad.

No comments: